Written by Pavan Kumar on April 21, 2008
UPDATE: Check out One Click Plugin Updater as one click installer is no more supported.
I have told you how to register and host on your own domain for free. The next question arose at that time was about changing themes on such a system where ftp is not supported. I have discussed solution for that too. The next problem arose for me here when new wordpress versions arrived. The problem was how to upgrade the wordpress software to the newer ones. Here I want to share my experience to favor all hyperwebenable users.
As you all know how to add a new plugin into your wordpress, I directly provide different steps to upgrade your wordpress software.
1. Install the instant upgrade plugin for wordpress using one click installer.
2. Goto plugins in wp-admin, and activate the instant upgrade wordpress plugin.
3. In options/settings tab, configure the upgrade plugin to HTTP and save. Remember, we don’t have FTP access in hyperwebenable.
4. Install and activate (If you don’t have) wp-db-bakcup plugin and take a backup of your database.
5. Goto manage tab in wp-admin, click on Instant Upgrade.
6. Specify the version you want to upgrade. You can get the exact version numbers / names from wordpress release archive. Note that, this plugin do not support for downgrade of wordpress, you need to choose the new version than the one you currently run. I recommend you to choose the latest one rather than specifying the version manually. Now, click on Upgrade my wordpress. Wait for next page to load, don’t interrupt in middle of the process. Take care for a minute as you do in case of firmware upgrading because if anything goes wrong, you will need to start shooting mails to support to get it fixed, you don’t have any other option. Take optimal care.
7. You are done! You will be presented with a page like the one below.
The whole process will be done instantly and wont take much time.
People who liked this also read: