Written by Pavan Kumar on July 28, 2008
You might have ever come across some websites which copy protect the images from being downloaded. Even orkut is an example for that in which the profile image which you view on the left of the profile cannot be copied. Right click and Save Image As will not work with orkut. Some sites don’t even allow right click on images or some may pop up a warning when right clicked on images. You might have noticed that some images on this site also cannot be downloaded. Here is an easy way for that which I have been using since long time and also am successful in downloading embedded videos from some sites like stage6 [old one which do not serve now] using the same method.
Let me make it clear with one thing, my trick is for firefox and for IE, you workout in similar way. Follow the steps below:
1. Load the page from which you want to copy image with firefox setting to allow all images from that server.
2. Make sure that the image is loaded fully.
3. Click Tools>Page Info.
4. You will get a window as shown in figure on which you need to click on media.
5. You will find the set of media included in the page, scroll to the desired one. Web images will be usually in jpg, png, gif formats.
6. a. Now, its you are downloading images or small objects, you may click Save As at the right side of the window.
b. If you are downloading any huge video or any object, its better you don’t choose Save As, but right click on the object location, select all [to select whole url] and use any of your download manager softwares to download as no one is sure about firefox crashes and you may lose partly downloaded files if firefox crashes.
People who liked this also read: